You run a business, which means that you already have a million things on your plate. From ensuring that daily operations are running smoothly to making sure that everything in your building is properly maintained, there’s a lot to consider.
Believe it or not, one of the most important considerations for any business is commercial doors, and specifically weatherstripping. Did you know that you can save an average of 7.5% on energy bills with proper weatherstripping? That’s money that could be allocated to payroll, upgrades, inventory, or other necessities. This week’s Firstline Locksmith blog discusses the importance of weatherstripping for commercial doors and why you need it for your business on the East Coast.
Firstline Locksmith has been a leader in locksmith services for more than three decades. We have experience in a wide range of locksmith services, including residential and commercial. We specialize in commercial doors and we can help you install, repair, replace, or maintain the doors on your property. Read this week’s blog to learn more about weatherstripping for commercial doors and schedule your appointment with Firstline Locksmith on the East Coast today!
What Is Weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is the process of placing a piece of material, made from rubber, felt, foam, vinyl, or metal, along the bottom sides, and top of windows and doors to help keep rooms and hallways safe from extreme temperatures and dangerous fires.
Weatherstripping is then adhered to your door frame so that when the door gets closed, air and light are unable to leak through that opening. Our professionals will correctly size the material to fit your commercial doors specifically.
When gaps are filled with caulk or other sealants, air is unable to leak in, which creates a room that is safe, quiet, and up to code. Below, you will find some reasons why you should consider having weatherstripping installed for your commercial doors.
Benefits of Weatherstripping
Weatherstripping offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Warmer rooms in the winter and cooler rooms in the summer — Weatherstrip[ing helps to regulate internal temperature by keeping outside air from moving into your business.
- Relatively low cost for installation — Weatherstripping installation costs are relatively low, especially considering the long-term savings it offers.
Energy bill savings — Weatherstripping works to keep air out, which helps regulate the temperature within your business, saving you money on energy bills!
- Prevention of bugs and other pests — Weatherstripping serves as a barrier that works to keep pests outside of your business.
Elimination of air drafts, water leaks, and mildew build-up — Weatherstripping creates an airtight seal that eliminates drafts, water leaks, and thereby, mildew build-up
- Fire protection — Without proper weatherstripping, fires can easily make their way around a sturdy, fire-proof door. With protective weatherstripping, however, it becomes much more difficult for flames to make their way around your commercial door and into your business.
- Aesthetics — Doors with old, worn-out weather stripping can begin to look a little unsightly and cheap, leaving a bad impression on guests. New weatherstripping is a great way to make your commercial doors look more professional and inviting.
Signs You Need New Weatherstripping
There are some telltale signs to look out for that indicate you likely need new weatherstripping for your commercial doors. These signs include:
- Your current weatherstripping looks worn out, especially in areas where foot traffic is common
- Your door is decades old and still has the original weatherstripping
- You’re experiencing an increase in noise within your business that’s coming from the outside
- You have unexplained water or moisture seeping into your business
- Your current weatherstripping no longer has that bouncy, airtight seal
If you’ve noticed any of these signs on the weatherstripping in your commercial doors, our team at Firstline Locksmith is here to help!
Find Commercial Door Services You Can Trust
Your commercial doors are what people see when they first walk into your business, so you want them to look presentable and professional. In order to find commercial doors that meet these standards, you need a professional who has experience in the industry.
Luckily for you, our team here at Firstline Locksmith has got you covered when it comes to anything relating to commercial doors! Whether you need installation, repair, replacement, maintenance, or anything in between, our experienced team can handle anything.
We handle commercial storefront doors, commercial glass doors, commercial door frames, commercial door weatherstripping, and so much more. Regardless of the size of your project, our team will take the time to understand your specific needs and goals so that we can provide you with personalized commercial door services. When you choose to work with us, you can guarantee that your business will be protected.
To learn more about commercial door weatherstripping or to schedule an appointment with us on the East Coast, reach out to Firstline Locksmith today!